|At a glance|
|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Cooking time||35 mins|
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 carrots, finely chopped
1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
1 cup red lentils, rinsed, drained
3 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
500g cauliflower, cut into florets
1 cup Jalna Greek Natural Yoghourt
Coriander sprigs, pappadums, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook onion, carrot and ginger, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir through the lentils. Add stock and cauliflower.
- Season and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until lentils and vegetables are tender.
- Stir through half of yoghurt.
Dollop over remaining yoghurt and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with pappadums.
Note: You can freeze this soup for up to 1 month. For better results, you should blend this soup until smooth before freezing. You could also use Jalna Coconut Yoghourt for this recipe. This soup makes 6 cups.
Equipment: You will need a blender.