|At a glance|
|Preparation time||25 mins|
|Cooking time||1 1/2 hours + cooling time|
2 egg whites, at room temperature
100g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200g white chocolate, chopped
½ cup Jalna Greek Yoghurt
1 punnet strawberries, quartered lengthways
2 tablespoons icing sugar
1/2 punnet each raspberries & blueberries
4 mint sprigs, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 130°C / fan forced110°C.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating well between each addition. Beat in vanilla. Spoon the mixture into four 8cm rounds on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Using the back of a spoon make a small indentation in the top of each meringue. Bake for 1 ½ hours. Turn the oven off and leave the door open slightly to cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and microwave on medium heat in 30 second bursts, stirring occasionally until melted. Stir in yoghurt and refrigerate until cooled and thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Combine strawberries and icing sugar. Puree half in a food processor until smooth. Combine the remaining strawberries with raspberries and blueberries and set aside for 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, drain any liquid from berries and add to pureed strawberry sauce. Serve meringues topped with white chocolate yoghurt and berries. Drizzle with strawberry sauce and garnish with mint sprig.
Tip: Add 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar to strawberries to intensify the fruit flavour.