|At a glance|
|Serves||8 - 10|
225g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
150g dark chocolate
½ cup (125ml) milk
¼ cup cocoa
150g butter, at room temperature
85g brown sugar
170g Jalna Sweet & Creamy Greek Yoghurt
Fresh berries, to serve
200g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
200g Jalna Sweet & Creamy Greek Yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
- Lightly grease 2 x 22cm round cake tins and line with baking paper.
- Place 2 egg yolks in a cup, the other 2 yolks in another cup and beat egg whites until firm. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda together into a small bowl. Place chocolate, sugar, milk and cocoa in a heatproof bowl. Microwave on moderately high heat, stirring occasionally or place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until chocolate is melted. Add two egg yolks, mixing well.
- Beat together butter, brown sugar, remaining two yolks and Jalna yoghurt.
- Gradually combine butter mixture with chocolate mixture, alternating with flour. Fold in egg whites. Divide batter into cake tins and bake 30 minutes. Stand cakes on wire racks to cool. Ice cakes with chocolate ganache and sandwich together.
- Yoghurt ganache: melt chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water or microwave in 30 second bursts on moderately high heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Stir in Jalna yoghurt.
Try: Add 1 – 2 grated zucchini to cake mix. Decorate top with coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted coconut or sifted icing sugar.