|At a glance|
|Preparation time||25 minutes + 1-2 hours marinating|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
500g minced chicken
3 tablespoons Jalna Greek Yoghurt
4 green (spring) onions, thinly sliced
1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/3 cup chopped mint
1 ½ tablespoons ground cumin
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice (optional)
Salt & crack black pepper, to taste
1 cup Jalna Greek Yoghurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
Salt and cracked black pepper
- Combine mint yoghurt ingredients in a bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and knead together well. If time permits, cover and refrigerate 1 – 2 hours for flavours to blend and easier handling.
- Form mixture into rounds or ovals the size of a small egg.
- Lightly spray preheated char grill or pan with oil and cook kofta in batches over medium heat until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Serve chicken kofta on toothpicks with mint yoghurt.