|At a glance|
|Preparation time||15 minutes + 10 minutes standing|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
|Makes||15 large or 30 bite size|
170g buckwheat or wholemeal flour
80g plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/3 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/3 cups Jalna Greek Yoghurt
Zest & juice of 1 lime
Salt and cracked black pepper
200g smoked salmon, cut into large pieces
Salmon roe, to garnish
Chives, dill or nori, finely chopped, to garnish
- Sift both flours, baking powder, bicarb and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk milk, 1/3 cup yoghurt and egg and stir into flour until well combined. Cover and stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the lime yoghurt, mix 1 cup yoghurt, lime zest, juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Preheat frypan to moderate. Lightly grease and drop spoonfuls of blini mixture into pan, cooking until golden colour each side.
- Arrange smoked salmon on each blini, top with a dollop of lime yoghurt.
- Garnish with salmon roe, herbs and cracked black pepper.