|At a glance|
|Preparation time||20 minutes + 5 minutes soaking time|
|Cooking time||10-15 minutes|
|Serves||4 - 6|
10 woody branches of rosemary with tufts of leaves
1 kg lamb (or beef or chicken) mince, coarsely ground
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup Jalna Greek Yoghurt
- Soak woody branches of rosemary with tufts of leaves attached, in water for 5 minutes. If no rosemary available, just use wooden skewers. Drain.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine mince, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon.
- With well oiled hands, shape large spoonfuls of spiced lamb and press it around the woody branches.
- Char-grill the skewers, turning once and leaving the meat slightly pink in the middle.
- Drizzle sauce over skewers or serve as a dipping sauce.