|At a glance|
|Preparation time||20 mins|
|Cooking time||30 mins (+ 20-30 mins precooking pumpkin)|
1 cup diced Kent or butternut pumpkin, cooked
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup Jalna Premium Vanilla Creamy Yoghurt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup (80g) grated cheddar cheese
1 small (100g) zucchini, coarsely grated
1/2 cup finely diced red capsicum
1/2 cup corn kernels
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan-forced).
- Sift flour into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl combine Jalna Yoghurt, egg and oil and whisk until well combined. Stir in cheese, zucchini, pumpkin, capsicum, corn, onion and parsley.
- Pour yoghurt mixture into the flour and fold in gently with a large metal spoon until just combined. Don’t over-mix; the mixture should still be slightly lumpy.
- Spoon mixture into a non-stick 12 hole (1/3 cup/80ml) muffin pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Stand for 5 minutes before turning onto cake rack to cool.
Tip: Muffins can be frozen for 1 month.