|At a glance|
|Preparation time||20 mins|
|Cooking time||10 - 15 mins|
|Serves||4 (makes 12)|
½ cup (75 g) self-raising flour
1/3 cup besan (chickpea) flour
1 tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp bicarb of soda
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ cup Jalna Greek yoghurt
2 zucchini (about 275g), chopped in 1 cm dice
400 g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, roughly mashed
Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
Lemon wedges, to serve
1 cup Jalna Greek yoghurt
1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
¼ cup mint leaves, finely chopped
1 pink apple, finely shaved (with skin)
1 zucchini, finely shredded
2 tbs toasted pinenuts
1 tbs currants
- Combine the flours, cumin, turmeric and bicarb in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the garlic, egg, Jalna Yoghurt and ¼ cup (60 ml) cold water and whisk until just smooth.
- Stir in the zucchini and chickpeas and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat about 0.5 cm of oil in a large, deep frying pan. Drop ¼ cupfuls of mixture into the pan in batches, leaving room for spreading. Cook 1-2 minutes or until golden, then flip and cook the remaining side. Drain on paper towel and keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Meanwhile to make the raita, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- To make apple salad, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Squeeze over a little lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Divid e the fritters between serving plates. Top with a dollop of raita and some apple salad on the side.
Note: this recipe can be made using the natural, Low Fat Jalna Yoghurt varieties.