|At a glance|
|Preparation time||15 mins|
|Cooking time||25 mins + cooling time|
3 medium beetroot
1 pomegranate or 50g dried cranberries
1/2 small red onion
6 cups watercress sprigs
¼ cup coarsely chopped walnuts or caramelised walnuts (see note)
¼ cup Jalna Greek Yoghurt
1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon thick balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Japanese soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C/fan forced 180°C.
- Peel beetroot and cut into 6 -8 wedges. Lightly toss with oil until well coated. Place on a baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes or until just tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Cut pomegranate in half and scoop out seeds with fingers or a teaspoon. Peel and segment oranges. Peel and thinly slice onion.
- Place watercress, beetroot, orange, onion and walnuts in a large bowl and toss to combine. Arrange on plates and drizzle with dressing.
Notes: Caramelise walnuts before adding to the salad. Heat ¼ cup sugar with 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan over a moderately low heat until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat and gently boil until thick and syrupy. Add walnuts and toss until lightly coated. Place walnuts on a heatproof plate and set aside to cool. Walnuts can be prepared 2 days ahead and stored in an airtight container.