|At a glance|
|Preparation time||20 minutes + 30 minutes marinating time|
|Cooking time||20-25 minutes + 5 minutes grilling|
1kg (or 2 x 500g) whole snapper, scaled, gutted
2 cups (lightly packed) coarsely chopped fresh coriander
2 cups (lightly packed) fresh mint leaves
¼ cup tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 jalapeno chillies, seeded, coarsely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
3 cups Jalna Greek Yoghurt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Coriander leaves, red capsicum, green shallots, to garnish
Lime wedges, to serve
- Puree coriander, mint, lime juice, chillies, garlic and ginger in a food processor. Transfer to large bowl. Stir in yoghurt, oil, cumin, chilli powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cut 3 diagonal slits through skin down to bone on each side of the fish. Place fish in a large baking dish. Pour half the marinade over the fish, turning until evenly coated. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 230°C/fan forced 210°C.
- Bake fish until flesh is just opaque in the centre, about 20-25 minutes. Place under a hot grill to brown.
- Scatter fresh coriander and capsicum over the fish and serve with remaining spiced yoghurt on the side.