|At a glance|
1/2 cup tandoori paste
400g Jalna Greek Natural or BioDynamic Organic Yoghurt
4 chicken breast fillets
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cardamon
500g baby (chats) potatoes, quartered, skin left on
2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- Combine paste and half the Jalna Yoghurt in a large bowl. Add chicken and coat well. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Toast spices in a dry, small frypan until fragrant.
- Put potatoes in a large, lightly greased baking dish and sprinkle with spices. Place potatoes in a moderate oven (180°C) and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts, cover with lightly greased foil and bake a further 35-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked (juices are clear and no longer pink when knife is inserted into thickest part of chicken).
- Serve with a dollop of Jalna Yoghurt on each breast garnished with coriander.
Serve with pappadums and mango chutney.
Combine diced Lebanese cucumber and chopped fresh mint to Yoghurt before serving. It can be made several hours ahead and stored, covered, in refrigerator.
Tandoori paste and yoghurt blend also suitable for lamb cutlets, fish, beef and tofu.