|At a glance|
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
600g minced lamb
2 green onions, finely sliced
¼ cup dried currants
¼ cup roasted pine nuts
¼ cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon each lemon juice and finely grated lemon zest
4 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
Salt and cracked black pepper
¼ cups Jalna Greek Yoghurt
Vegetable oil, for the grill
4 hamburger buns, split
Mixed salad leaves, sliced tomato, roasted capsicum to serve
1 medium raw beetroot, peeled and coarsely grated
½ cup Jalna Greek Yoghurt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine grated beetroot, yoghurt, lemon juice, orange zest, cumin and pepper in a medium bowl and toss until well combined. Refrigerate until required.
- Place minced lamb, green onions, currants, pine nuts, parsley, lemon juice and zest, spices, yoghurt, salt and pepper in a large bowl and with damp hands gently mix until well combined. Shape into 4 round burgers.
- Preheat frypan or barbecue to moderate heat. Brush lightly with oil and grill burgers for 6-8 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Lightly brush buns with oil and grill, cut side down, until toasted.
- Place salad leaves, tomato, roasted capsicum, lamb burger and beetroot relish on each bun to serve.
Tips: Substitute beetroot relish with Tzatziki or Guacamole. Beetroot relish and burger patties can be refrigerated overnight. Let the burgers stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before grilling. Any excess liquid that has risen to the top of relish overnight can be stirred back in or drained before serving.