|At a glance|
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||60 – 80 minutes|
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1kg lean lamb, cut into 2cm pieces
2 brown onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
½ cup Rogan Josh curry paste
400g can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup Jalna Greek Yoghurt
1/4 cup mint, chopped
Cooked basmati rice, mango chutney & pappadums, to serve
1 cup Jalna Greek Yoghurt
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons chopped coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and cracked black pepper
- Make Raita by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over moderately high heat.
- Add one-third of the lamb to saucepan and cook 2 - 3 minutes or until browned all over. Remove. Repeat twice with remaining lamb. Remove lamb from saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onion and garlic for 4 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in ginger and curry paste and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Add the lamb and stir until coated. Cover and cook over low heat for 45-60 minutes or until lamb is tender.
- Stir in yoghurt and mint and remove from heat.
- Combine remaining yoghurt and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Serve curry with rice and mango chutney and pappadums on the side.
Notes: Meat can be marinated in yoghurt before cooking for added tenderness.
Add canned lentils to curry and heat through or add 1/2 cup dried lentils and 1 cup water and cook with the curry.