1kg cubed lamb
1 cup Jalna Greek Natural Yoghurt or Jalna BioDynamic Organic Yoghurt
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2.5cm piece fresh ginger
4 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon mango chutney
Squeeze of lemon juice
- Mix the Jalna Yoghurt together with water and tomato paste.
- Peel and chop finely ginger and garlic. Add to Yoghurt mixture, combine well.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan, add the meat, a few cubes at a time, and cook over a high heat until well coloured. Remove the meat from the pan and place on a plate. Repeat the process until all meat is cooked.
- Add a little more oil to the pan if it is dry. Fry the cinnamon stick, cloves and curry powder in the pan for 30 seconds. Add the Yoghurt puree, mango chutney and the meat. Bring to the boil.
- Cook, covered, over a low heat until the meat is tender, approximately 5 minutes.
Remove the lid and cook rapidly to reduce some of the sauce.
- Season the curry with a little lemon juice to give it a fresh taste, remove the cinnamon stick.
- Serve on a large pappadum with rice and Tzatziki.