|At a glance|
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
500g firm fish fillets (eg. Ling, Flathead)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Salt and cracked black pepper
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
3 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil + extra to shallow fry
½ cup Jalna Greek Yoghurt
1 tablespoon horseradish
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Pre-heat oven to 250°C / fan forced 230°C. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make horseradish yoghurt by combining all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut fish into pieces or strips.
- Place egg in a large bowl and generously season with salt and pepper. In another bowl combine panko, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Dip the fish strips into the egg, draining any excess. Dip fish into the panko crumbs, pressing firmly to ensure crumbs stick.
- Add enough oil to frypan to cover the base. Heat over a moderate heat. Cook fish pieces in batches until golden all over. Drain on paper towel. Place fish on baking tray and bake for a further 5-8 minutes or until fish is just cooked through.
- Serve fish pieces with horseradish yoghurt.