|At a glance|
|Preparation time||10 mins|
|Cooking time||20 mins|
2 cups traditional rolled oats
⅓ cup almond meal
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
2 teaspoons baking powder
1½ cups Jalna Greek Natural Yoghourt, plus extra to serve
For the caramelised pears
4 pears, peeled, cored, cut into wedges
¼ cup brown sugar
1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine oats, almond meal, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, eggs and yoghurt in a blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes for mixture to thicken.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook level ¼ cup measures of mixture, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden to make 12 pancakes. Divide between 4 plates.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add butter, pears and sugar and cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until pears soften and sugar caramelises (cooking time will vary depending on ripeness of pears). Add lemon juice and bring to the boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve pancakes topped with pears, caramel sauce and an extra dollop of yoghurt.
- Forget the vanilla and try these pancakes with Jalna Coconut Yoghourt instead of Natural Greek and serve with diced mango and passionfruit for a tropical breakfast. Pancakes can be frozen in a snap lock bag. Microwave for about 1 minute to thaw and heat up. Serve while warm.
- Vanilla bean paste is available at most supermarkets.
Equipment: You will need a blender.