|At a glance|
|Preparation time||20 mins|
|Cooking time||14 - 16 mins|
1 tablespoon olive oil
150g chopped bacon
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 1/2 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
90g marinated feta, drained, crumbled
3 tablespoons Jalna Greek Yoghurt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or parsley + 4 sprigs, to garnish
Salt & cracked black pepper
2-4 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
Cracked black pepper
1 egg yolk + 1 tablespoon milk, to glaze
Rocket, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan forced 180°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add the bacon and onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until bacon starts to crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Cut one pastry sheet into 4 quarters. Place on the baking tray. Score a 2cm border around each quarter, without cutting right through the pastry. Prick area inside the border with a fork.
- Cut the remaining pastry sheet into 2cm strips. Place along each side of pastry squares as a border, overlapping the corners.
- Fill each tart base with crumbled feta and top with bacon and onion, staying within the border.
- Lightly brush the borders with combined egg yolk and milk. Bake for 8 minutes or until the sides have risen. Gently push down the pastry in the centre using the back of a spoon.
- Whisk eggs, yoghurt, thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Pour into each pastry case and place cut tomatoes and a sprig of thyme in the centre of each. Back for a further 6-8 minutes or until the eggs are just set and the pastry is golden. Serve with rocket.
Note: Add corn kernels, diced hot salami, roasted capsicum for a different filling.